Bus Safety News
Posts not found
Front of Bus Crossing Procedures
The Forest Hills Transportation Department has adopted an approved uniform hand signal for all students who may have to cross in front of the bus. At the beginning of each school year, students in grades K-5 are taught the proper way to safely cross in front of the bus. Parents are asked to please review the following procedures with their children before school begins.
When students have to cross the roadway in front of the bus, they should:
- Exit the bus and always walk to the front of the bus.
- Be at least ten steps in front of the bus before starting to cross the roadway.
- Wait for the approved signal (if appropriate) from the driver before crossing.
- Stop at the traffic side of the bus and look left, right, and left to be sure it is safe to cross.
- If it is safe to cross, walk across the roadway. DO NOT RUN.