Looking for a great part-time job?
Consider joining the FHPS transportation team as a bus driver!
Top three reasons to be a bus driver:
- As long as kids get evenings and weekends off, so will you.
- You’ll never take work home with you. In fact, it would be illegal.
- Substitute drivers start at $15 an hour doing what most parents do for free.
Forest Hills Public Schools is in the process of expanding the pool of school bus drivers available to our school district. Driving a school bus is a part-time job, requiring 2-3 hours in the morning and 2-3 hours in the afternoon (180 days). In addition to the benefits listed below, bus drivers serve as important role models for the children of our community.
- Must hold or be willing to obtain: a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with “P” Passenger endorsement and “S” School Bus endorsements and pass a DOT physical.
- Available after the first year pending minimum hours requirement
Forest Hills Public Schools offers the 18-hour classroom training required by the State of Michigan. All applicants are required to be fingerprinted and receive a full background check, drivers are enrolled in a mandatory drug and alcohol random testing program and receive six hours of continuing education every two years. Every applicant receives comprehensive, behind-the-wheel training to ensure that the high standards of the district are met. Forest Hills Public Schools provides transportation in a 68-mile area encompassing Ada, Cascade, Grand Rapids and Kentwood. In addition, we provide academic, athletic and extra-curricular trip transportation. Our #1 goal is to transport all eligible students to and from their destination in the safest and most cost-effective manner. Come join the professionals at Forest Hills Public Schools transportation department!
Applications should be submitted online. Click here to apply!
For additional information, call the FHPS transportation department: 616-493-8785.