Looking for a great job? Consider joining the FHPS transportation team as a bus driver!
Benefits of joining the Forest Hills Transportation team:
- Starting pay of $21.63 for applicants for regular routes without experience
- Sub bus driver rate is $21.13 per hour
- Sign on bonus of up to $1500 for qualified applicants
- Up to 8 hours of work per day
- Flexible schedule (ex: AM or PM Routes only, Specific days only)
- 10 months of work per year
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance available to qualified employees, including full family.
- Paid training and CDL testing
- Field trip supplemental opportunities
- Being a part of a world class school district team
- Work in other district positions to create a full-time job
Forest Hills Public Schools needs to increase our pool of school bus drivers available to our school district. Driving a school bus is a part-time job, requiring 2-3 hours in the morning and 2-3 hours in the afternoon (180 days). In addition to the benefits listed below, bus drivers serve as important role models for the children of our community.
- Must hold or be willing to obtain: a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with “P” Passenger endorsement and “S” School Bus endorsements and pass a DOT physical.
Forest Hills Public Schools offers the 18-hour classroom training required by the State of Michigan. All applicants are required to be fingerprinted and receive a full background check, drivers are enrolled in a mandatory drug and alcohol random testing program and receive six hours of continuing education every two years. Every applicant receives comprehensive, behind-the-wheel training to ensure that the high standards of the district are met. Forest Hills Public Schools provides transportation in a 68-mile area encompassing Ada, Cascade, Grand Rapids and Kentwood. In addition, we provide academic, athletic and extra-curricular trip transportation. Our #1 goal is to transport all eligible students to and from their destination in the safest and most cost-effective manner. Come join the professionals at Forest Hills Public Schools transportation department!
For additional information, call the FHPS transportation department: 616-493-8785.