Welcome to the Transportation Department
Our goal is to provide students living within our 68 square miles with safe and reliable transportation to and from school every day. Annually, our fleet travels approximately 800,000 miles providing services to our school community. While maintaining the highest safety standards, we continue to strive for efficiency by finding better ways to route our buses in order to reduce mileage and time. As part of the services we provide we’re pleased and proud to provide transportation for a large number of academic and athletic trips and perform many other behind the scenes functions for the district. In addition, we maintain an excellent rating in the annual bus safety inspection conducted by the Michigan State Police.
Help us keep our kids’ safe! Check out this bus safety video!
- ALL TRANSPORTATION REQUESTS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
- If you are enrolling a new student, you must first complete the enrollment process.
- Transportation routing information will typically be mailed sometime in August. Due to safety concerns, bus stop locations and times are not posted on the district website.
- Schools of Choice students who are ELIGIBLE for transportation will receive a separate letter, which are mailed sometime in June, requesting information on their transportation needs. It is important that you follow the instructions outlined in the letter as soon as possible to increase your chances of obtaining transportation next year.
- Ada Christian School Transportation Request
Parents: Please go over the following rules with your children so they know what is expected when they ride a school bus. We ask that you help them understand that riding a school bus is a privilege.
The Forest Hills Public Schools Transportation Department will strive to provide safe transportation to and from school. Each driver will maintain high professional standards and positive student relationships.
Forest Hills Public Schools
6001 Hall Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Summer Hours: M-F, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Office is closed on Fridays in July
Phone: (616) 493-8785
Fax: (616) 493-8797
Director of Transportation