Welcome to the Transportation Department
Our goal is to provide students living within our 68 square miles with safe and reliable transportation to and from school every day. Annually, our fleet travels approximately 800,000 miles providing services to our school community. While maintaining the highest safety standards, we continue to strive for efficiency by finding better ways to route our buses in order to reduce mileage and time. As part of the services we provide we’re pleased and proud to provide transportation for a large number of academic and athletic trips and perform many other behind the scenes functions for the district. In addition, we maintain an excellent rating in the annual bus safety inspection conducted by the Michigan State Police.
Bus Reservation Forms
- ALL TRANSPORTATION REQUESTS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
- If you are enrolling a new student, you must first complete the enrollment process.
- Due to safety concerns, bus stop locations and times are not posted on the district website.
- Ada Christian School Transportation Request
Bus Route Information
The transportation department uses an electronic system to communicate bus stop information. Bus stop information will no longer be mailed to families. The transportation department will communicate bus stop information using the Versatrans e-Link system. This secure link allows parents/guardians to view essential school bus information such as where their children should wait for the bus, what time the bus should arrive and other pick up and drop off information.
Versatrans MyStop App
Versatrans MyStop App provides mobile access to bus information. With MyStop, parents and guardians know exactly where their child’s bus is on the route and an estimated time of arrival (ETA) at their stop. The location of the bus is automatically updated to accommodate any delays. Update frequency is dependent on a user’s data plan. The app is available for both iPhone and Android devices. When using the app, parents and guardians can choose to receive push notifications alerting them to changes in their child’s bus schedule.
You will need your E-Link login credentials to login to the Versatrans My Stop app.
Wanted: Bus Drivers!
Rules for Riding the Bus
Parents: Please go over the following rules with your children so they know what is expected when they ride a school bus. We ask that you help them understand that riding a school bus is a privilege.
- Politely load and unload YOUR school bus. BE SAFE, NO pushing, shoving or rushing the door.
- Be on time to keep YOUR bus on schedule. Hurrying to the bus creates an unsafe situation for YOU!
- Stay seated and out of the aisle for YOUR safety. “Back to back, seat to seat, feet toward the floor” AND NEVER put or throw ANYTHING out of the windows!
- Listen and follow directions from YOUR School Bus Driver and other adults.
- Toward your fellow passengers and others in and around YOUR school bus.
- Talk quietly using nice and proper words.
- Keep YOUR school bus clean! NO eating, drinking or smoking on the bus.
- No disruptive use of smart/cell phones or other electronic devices.
- No picture taking or recording of others on the bus.
- Phones should only be used for messages to your parents or in an emergency during your time on the bus.
The Forest Hills Public Schools Transportation Department will strive to provide safe transportation to and from school. Each driver will maintain high professional standards and positive student relationships.
Forest Hills Public Schools
6001 Hall Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Summer Hours: M-F, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Office is closed on Fridays in July
Phone: (616) 493-8785
Fax: (616) 493-8797
For general questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.