Northern Trails 5/6 School
3777 Leonard Street NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525-3369
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Mon-Fri
Office: (616) 493-8990
Attendance Line: (616) 493-8993
Fax: (616) 493-8995
This January marked the 20th birthday of Northern Trails 5/6 School. Northern Trails students and staff celebrated the event with a birthday cake! We thank our community for their continued support of education and for helping to maintain our school buildings by approving bond elections and renewals over the years.
Students from Northern Trails 5/6 School joined forces with students from Meadow Brook Elementary School during a LINKS luncheon and games of bocce ball. Both schools have a program called LINKS, a peer-to-peer inclusion program where students support a same-aged peer from the cognitively impaired classroom at school. The schools and their students also participate […]
PTO - Lunch with the Bunch-Patrick, Bailey, Burdick, Clary
February 19, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
PTO - Lunch with the Bunch-Bonino, Clark, Widdis, Grant, Fix, Du, Gray
February 20, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
PTO - Lunch with the Bunch-Johnson, Rapaport, Florek, Zhao, Addington, Gongora
February 22, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
PTO - Lunch with the Bunch-Hill, Sharma, Konkle, Riley, Roderique, Hammerslag
February 23, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Useful Information and Links
- FHPS Family/Student Handbooks
- Northern Trails 5/6 Electronic Device Policy
- FHPS District Policies and Practices
- Allergy, Asthma, and Seizure Action Plans
- Operations – Building Use Form
- Volunteer Consent Form
- FHN Orchestra
- FHN Band
School Day Schedule
Start of school day 8:40 a.m.
End of school day 3:45 p.m.
Half-day release at 11:55 a.m.
Suggested Supply List
Fifth and Sixth Grade Supply List 2017-2018
- Gym shoes
- Recorder (for fifth grade only, $6.00) or may use elementary recorder
- Gym shirt ($6.00 – purchased through school)
- Backpack – wheeled backpacks do not fit in the student lockers
- Calculator (TI-30X IIS, available in the school store for $14.00)
- Pencil pouch, Pens, Pencils, Highlighter
- Ear buds (personal) – optional. Headphones provided when needed.
- Binder – simple with a zipper (6th) The largest version do not fit in student desks or their lockers. [5th grade: simple binder with zipper OR accordion folder.]
- 2” – 3 ring binder (6th grade)
- Six (6) one-subject spiral notebooks (separate notebooks) +2 additional for 6th grade Chinese Immersion
- Colored pencils and markers (6th grade only)
- Markers, crayons, or colored pencils (5th grade only)
- Expo Markers (a couple) for use on individual student whiteboards.
- Glue stick
- Small scissors
Family Donations for Teachers Welcome!
Kleenex, disinfecting wipes, ream of wide lined paper, 8 ½ x 11 ream of paper, or dry-erase markers (thin) for student use.