Northern Trails 5/6 School
3777 Leonard Street NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525-3369
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Mon-Fri
Office: (616) 493-8990
Attendance Line: (616) 493-8993
Fax: (616) 493-8995
Reading aloud with children of all ages is important. Not only is it important for children to hear adults read, but children need to read to someone too! Parents, grandparents, family members, siblings, and a babysitter all make great reading partners. Conversations about books are important too. When kids have a chance to talk about […]
Access to books online is easy with these links. The Michigan eLibrary has ebooks and activities for your reader. Click here to find out more about MeL and how students of all ages can access ebooks and activities. Through the FHPS online media center, there are links to resources such as MeL Kids, BookFLIX (where kids […]
Nothing from July 20, 2017 to July 27, 2017.
Useful Information and Links
- 2015-16 FHPS Family/Student Handbooks
- Northern Trails 5/6 Electronic Device Policy
- FHPS District Policies and Practices
- Allergy, Asthma, and Seizure Action Plans
- Operations – Building Use Form
- Volunteer Consent Form
School Day Schedule
Start of school day 8:40 a.m.
End of school day 3:45 p.m.
Suggested Supply List
Fifth and Sixth Grade Supply List 2017-2018
- Gym shoes
- Recorder (for fifth grade only, $6.00) or may use elementary recorder
- Gym shirt ($6.00 – purchased through school)
- Backpack – wheeled backpacks do not fit in the student lockers
- Calculator (TI-30X IIS, available in the school store for $14.00)
- Pencil pouch, Pens, Pencils, Highlighter
- Ear buds (personal) – optional. Headphones provided when needed.
- Binder – simple with a zipper (6th) The largest version do not fit in student desks or their lockers. [5th grade: simple binder with zipper OR accordion folder.]
- 2” – 3 ring binder (6th grade)
- Six (6) one-subject spiral notebooks (separate notebooks) +2 additional for 6th grade Chinese Immersion
- Colored pencils and markers (6th grade only)
- Markers, crayons, or colored pencils (5th grade only)
- Expo Markers (a couple) for use on individual student whiteboards.
- Glue stick
- Small scissors
Family Donations for Teachers Welcome!
Kleenex, disinfecting wipes, ream of wide lined paper, 8 ½ x 11 ream of paper, or dry-erase markers (thin) for student use.