Principal’s Welcome Letter
Welcome to the Husky family! My name is Mitch Balingit. I have been the principal of Collins Elementary for the last 12 years. I love the Collins community and I am looking forward to connecting with each of you. I am excited to show our families the renovations in our classrooms, hallways, cafeteria, and other parts of the building. We will be completely remodeled by the summer of 2023. Teams have been working extremely hard to get things ready.
Before I joined Forest Hills in 2010, I served for five years as an elementary/K -8 principal in Grand Rapids Public Schools. Before 2006, I served four years as a 4th and 5th grade teacher in Kentwood Public schools. Lastly, before 2001, I served four years as a 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade teacher in San Leandro, California.
I love my job because I get to work with your kiddos and look forward to connecting with you this year and for many years to come.
School Day Schedule
Students can be dropped off at 8:35
Full Day Start/End Time: 8:45 a.m.-3:45 p.m.
Half Day Start/End Time: 8:45 a.m.-11:55 a.m.
(listed in chronological order)
11:15-11:55 – 1st grade
11:35-12:15 – 2nd grade
11:55-12:35 – Kindergarten
12:15-12:55 – 3rd grade
12:35-1:15 – 4th grade
Useful Links & Forms
- FHPS Read At Home Plan
- A Family Guide to Kindergarten Through Sixth-Grade Curriculum (K-6)
- FHPS District Calendars
- Family/Student Handbooks
- Allergy, Asthma, and Seizure Action Plans
- FHPS Operations – Facility Use Information
- Collins Family Resource Page
- Virtual Library
- Kindergarten Kickoff Information Booklet
- Kindergarten Readiness Brochure
- FHPS Electronic Communication Channels
- Suggested School Supply List for Kindergarten