Service resumes for: #8 PR, #8 CMS/CHS, #23 KF, #23 EMS/EHS, #50 NT, #50 NHMS/NHS, #96 CW, #96 NHMS/NHS. Service suspended for: #73 – NT, #73 – NHMS/NHS, #85 – CW, #85 – CMS/CHS, #90 – TA, #90 – CMS/CHS, #91 – KF, #91 – EMS/EHS.
If you are a new family looking for a top-ranked public school where all learners can achieve their individual potential, look no further!
You can make Forest Hills your home.
Whether you are new to the area, considering moving, or have enrollment questions, we are here to help.
Welcome to Forest Hills Public Schools! We cannot wait to meet you and your family and show you why we are proud of Forest Hills Public Schools, our students, staff, and community. If you are a new family moving into our district and have questions about which school your children would attend, please call our administration building, 616-493-8800. If you know which school your child will be attending, but have questions regarding classes, athletics, extra-curricular activities, and more, please contact the school directly and they will be happy to assist you.
Top Reasons to Choose Forest Hills Public Schools
- Overall, our teacher/student ratio is 25:1
- All three high schools are ranked among the top public schools in Michigan and the nation according to U.S. News & World Report: (FHC, FHE, FHN)
- Ranked No. 1 for the best school districts in the Grand Rapids area by Niche
- In the class of 2018 for all three high schools, 178 students graduated summa cum laude and earned a cumulative grade point average of 4.0 or above based on eight high school semesters
- An AP Capstone High School
- A record number of students earning National Merit recognition each year
- School counselors, social workers, psychologists, speech pathologists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, resource room teachers, special education teachers, and many more professionals are on the FHPS staff to help all learners
- Technology is integrated across the curriculum
- Comprehensive media centers, K-12
- English as a Second Language program
- Over 60 different languages are spoken as the primary language for students attending FHPS
- Traditional and Spanish Immersion preschools (fee-based)
- Spanish Immersion Program K-12
- Mandarin Chinese Immersion Program K-12
- Team teaching in grades 5 and 6
- A wide range of exploratory classes and electives in choir, band, orchestra, drama, foreign languages, science, math, technology, STEM and STEAM education, and art for grades 5-12
- An opportunity to attend a dedicated environmental school for fifth and sixth graders
- Approximately 174 high school courses in 12 departments, including 19 AP courses
- 95 percent of our graduates pursue post-secondary education
- The district’s very own state-of-the-art performing arts center where schools hold performances–the Forest Hills Fine Arts Center
- Each school has a reputation for academic excellence–all of Forest Hills’ schools have made the Top 100 Schools in Michigan list
- Excellent sports teams; dynamic art, music, and drama programs; clubs and special interest organizations such as robotics, Odyssey of the Mind, DECA, Model UN, and many more; and established service opportunities provide students the chance to excel in areas beyond academics
- The district continues to receive the Aa2 rating with Moody’s Investors Services, with strong financial management being a contributing factor, and was awarded the Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting by the Association of Schools Business Officials International
- A supportive community, with involved families, staff, businesses and organizations
If you would like to schedule a tour of any of our schools during the school year, please contact the school directly to make an appointment, and/or if you are working with a realtor, the realtor can also contact the school. We also encourage you to verify addresses of apartments, townhouses, homes and/or properties that you are interested in to confirm they are within the Forest Hills school district and to confirm the school attendance area by calling our administration building, at 616-493-8800. Please note, we do not provide school tours for schools of choice families. Additionally, tours are not regularly scheduled during the summer. Our buildings undergo many changes including deep-cleaning, repair, and maintenance. If you are moving to the area during the summer, please call the administration building for additional assistance, 616-493-8800.
If you are establishing a place of residence or have completed residency paperwork within the Forest Hills Public School district, and are ready to enroll, please visit our enrollment page. Here you will find all of the forms and documents needed to become an FHPS student. Welcome to Forest Hills Public Schools!