Have a great summer! Here is our year-end video celebrating what we’ve learned this year!
Important Kindergarten Information
- Kindergarten Kickoff Information Booklet
- Kindergarten Readiness Brochure
- FHPS Electronic Communication Channels
- Suggested School Supplies for Kindergarten
- Free Vision and Hearing Screening for Incoming Kindergartners
Knapp Forest Elementary
4243 Knapp Valley Dr
Grand Rapids, MI 49525
8:00am to 4:30pm, Mon-Fri
Office: (616) 493-8980
Attendance Line: (616) 493-8986
Fax: (616) 493-8989
Child Care: (616) 493-8985
Head Secretary: Corinne Keuning
Registrar/Secretary: Antoinette Tietema
Full Day Start/End Time: 8:55 a.m.-3:15 p.m.
Half Day Start/End Time: 8:55 a.m.-11:55 a.m.
Hawk Walk 2020
Principal’s Welcome Letter
Hello! My name is Kristen Pennington and I am delighted to be joining the wonderful Forest Hills’ school community as the new principal of Knapp Forest. For the last 14 years, I’ve spent my time teaching in classrooms, supporting teachers as an instructional coach, and most recently, I served for five years as an elementary principal at Roosevelt Elementary in Lakeshore Public Schools. I am ecstatic about returning to my home town of Grand Rapids and I look forward to making many meaningful connections here in Forest Hills. My desire to honor the important work that has already been occurring at this incredible school is strong, and I am a firm believer that our work together will be most impactful when we focus first on relationships and relational trust. With that being said, I am truly looking forward to meeting you and your families!
Health Screening Form
Completing the health screening form is required before entry to the building. Please call the main office if your results show a red screen or you are having trouble with the link. Thank you for helping us keep everyone safe.
- Knapp Forest Suggested School Supply Lists
- FHPS Read At Home Plan
- A Family Guide to Kindergarten Through Sixth-Grade Curriculum (K-6)
- FHPS Parent/Student Handbooks
- Allergy, Asthma, and Seizure Action Plans
- FHPS Operations – Facility Use Information
- Knapp Forest Media Center (knappforest.weebly.com)
- Elementary Web Resources
- Volunteer Consent Form
Nothing from June 17, 2021 to July 1, 2021.