The Forest Hills Child Care program serves over 800 children during the school year at eight of our elementary schools and our two 5/6 buildings. We also enroll over 100 children in our traditional and Spanish Immersion preschools. Our goal is to continue providing quality care and learning for more families each year.
We pride ourselves in offering one of the best programs in the area due to the quality of the staff at each of our child care sites. All of our directors and Child Care leaders are highly qualified–many of whom have their teaching degree or their child care endorsement which enables them to professionally run safe, warm, fun, organized programs. Their dedication to the children they work with is very obvious when you watch them interact with their kids on a daily basis. They continue to learn and improve their programs through various methods of training during the school year.
The aides that assist our directors and Child Care leaders are also experienced, dedicated staff. The fact that we are competitively priced with other programs in our area, provide flexibility in enrollment schedules, and are able to hold our programs right in a child’s home school also contribute to the popularity of the program for our families.
2018-2019 Child Care Registration
- All students enrolled will require a minimum of three days per week/per program.
- Before care and after care are separate programs and will require separate registrations.
- Central Woodlands site will continue to only offer the before care program.
- In order to attend on snow days and breaks all children need to be enrolled in a before or after care program.
- Registration for our current and returning families enrolled in the previous 2017-2018 programs will begin Tuesday, July 17th at 8:00 AM. New families will be able to register starting Thursday, July 19th at 8:00 AM.
Please contact the Child Care office to update your credit card information as we do not carry over that information for privacy and security reason. Unfortunately, we must process your credit card through our office and not through the EZChildTrack website. Please call our office at (616) 493-8787.
- Before/After School Program
- Traditional Preschool Program
- Spanish Immersion Preschool Program
- Great Start Readiness Program
- Summer Day Camp Program
- Before/After Program Flyer
- Child Care Parent Handbook
- Preschool Hotline of Kent County Flyer
- Preschool Parent Handbook (updated 11/2/2017)
How do I contact Child Care?
Forest Hills Public Schools Child Care Program
150 Alta Dale Avenue SE
Ada, MI 49301
Office Hours: M-F, 7:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
Phone: (616) 493-8787
What our families are saying about us
We survey our parents every year in order to give them the opportunity to make suggestions to help us improve our programs in any area if needed but also to read and share with our staff their positive comments, some of which are are:
“Amazing. The caregivers are warm and loving.”
“We are so lucky to have this program in our school system. It really helps working moms and dads.”
“The child care staff is so friendly and attentive. They are doing a GREAT job!”
“Thank you for this program. It has been a very positive and “growing” experience for our children.”
“Time to do homework is invaluable.”
“Staff goes above and beyond.”
“You can’t get the same quality service anywhere else.”