Bus update for the week of March 1. Service suspended for: #5 – Pine Ridge, #5 – Central Middle/Central High, #6 – Northern Trails, #6 – Northern Middle/Northern High, #74 Knapp Forest, #74 – Eastern Middle/Eastern High, #75 – Central Woodlands, #75 – Central Middle/Central High. Service resumes for: #40 – Northern Trails, #40 – Northern Middle/Northern High, #65 – Thornapple, #65 – Central Middle/Central High, #72 – Knapp Forest, #72 – Eastern Middle/Eastern High, #93 – Pine Ridge, #93 – Northern Middle/Northern High.
2021-2022 Child Care Registration
Please read the following updates as it pertains to the school year 2021-2022 registration process.
- Before care hours will be 7:00 am till the start of school and after care hours will end at 5:30 pm.
- Care will only be offered on the days your child(ren) are in person. Care will not be offered on the virtual school days.
- Families will be required to sign up for 5 days per week/per program(When school is in person full time)
- Arrival time will be 7:00 am-7:30 am and Departure time will be 5:00 pm-5:30 pm. If you need to drop off or pick up at another time please plan with the staff in advance to make accommodations.
- Parents/guardians will remain in vehicles and staff will take the child(ren) into the site. Staff will also escort the child(ren) to the vehicles at the end of the day.
- Staff and students will be required to wear masks while attending the before and after care program.
- The enrollment will be limited in size to keep with the current guidelines.
- Ada Vista students will no longer be able to attend home schools for child care. They must register to attend Ada Vista child care.
- Registration for our current and returning families to be announced.
Please contact the Child Care office to update your credit card information as we do not carry over that information for privacy and security reason. Unfortunately, we must process your credit card through our office and not through the EZChildTrack website. Please call our office at (616) 493-8787.
About Child Care Services
The Forest Hills Child Care program serves over 600 children during the school year at eight of our elementary schools and our two 5/6 buildings. We also enroll over 90 children in our traditional and Spanish Immersion preschools. Our goal is to continue providing quality care and learning for more families each year.
We pride ourselves in offering one of the best programs in the area due to the quality of the staff at each of our child care sites. All of our directors and Child Care leaders are highly qualified–many of whom have their teaching degree or their child care endorsement which enables them to professionally run safe, warm, fun, organized programs. Their dedication to the children they work with is very obvious when you watch them interact with their kids on a daily basis. They continue to learn and improve their programs through various methods of training during the school year.
The aides that assist our directors and Child Care leaders are also experienced, dedicated staff. The fact that we are competitively priced with other programs in our area, provide flexibility in enrollment schedules, and are able to hold our programs right in a child’s home school also contribute to the popularity of the program for our families.
- Before/After School Program
- Traditional Preschool Program
- Spanish Immersion Preschool Program
- Summer Day Camp Program
How do I contact Child Care?
Forest Hills Public Schools Child Care Program
150 Alta Dale Avenue SE
Ada, MI 49301
Office Hours: M-F, 7:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
Phone: (616) 493-8787