¡Bienvenidos a Ada Vista Elementary!
Welcome! We value the communication we have with our school parents and community. This website contains a variety of information about our school of interest to you and your child attending Ada Vista. Please contact us if you have specific questions or comments and will be be happy to help you.
Forest Hills Spanish Immersion School
Our Spanish Immersion school (K-4) is available to all Forest Hills elementary students and attendance is based either on sibling registration or an in-district lottery of those interested students. At our school, students are involved in experiences that prepare them for life in a global community. Beginning in kindergarten (or in the district’s tuition-based preschool), students are immersed the Spanish language.
Students learn the same curriculum as other students in the district, only they are taught in Spanish. Students learn to read in Spanish in first grade. English reading instruction begins in second grade and increases as the student progresses through subsequent grade levels. Expectations for communicating in Spanish also increase. Most children who attend this program can be expected to attain developmentally appropriate bilingualism.
Step into an entirely different culture and immerse yourself in a new country when you visit this classroom at Meadow Brook Elementary.
Useful Information & Links
- FHPS Read At Home Plan
- A Family Guide to Kindergarten Through Sixth-Grade Curriculum (K-6)
- Spanish Immersion Road Map
- Family/Student Handbooks
- FHPS District Policies and Practices
- Allergy, Asthma, and Seizure Action Plans
- FHPS Operations – Facility Use Information
- Volunteer Consent Form
- Learning Environment Information Form
Suggested School Supply Lists
- Kindergarten Suggest Supply List
- First Grade Suggested Supply List
- Second Grade Suggested Supply List
- Third Grade Suggested Supply List
- Fourth Grade Suggested Supply List
Nothing from December 1, 2022 to December 15, 2022.