The preparations for the 2019 Forest Hills Eastern Commencement Ceremony and the exciting events surrounding it are underway. The following senior news provides important graduation information and a calendar of activities and events for the Class of 2019. Please read it carefully and mark your calendars.
Read the Senior Graduation Letter (Coming Soon!)
Students must earn 22.5 credits to graduate; which includes the required Michigan Merit Curriculum (MMC) credits. See your counselor if you have questions regarding your graduation credits.
Caps, Gowns & Announcements
Will be Handed out Tuesday, April 16th at 1:00 pm in the Auditorium. Seniors must wear their cap and gown for Senior Recognition and Commencement Ceremonies.
Submit the Google Commencement Ticket Order at by Friday, April 12. Each senior may order a maximum of eight admission tickets for their guests.
Tickets will be available for pick up after the Senior Recognition Ceremony on Monday, May 20th.
Scholarships, Awards, Post High School Plans
Please share your post high school plans; college selection, scholarships, honors/awards and/or military service, careers, gap year, etc. Students must submit this information by Thursday, April 18 to be included in the Commencement program by using the Post High School Information Form . (Regarding College Information: submit only information for the college you have been accepted to and will be attending.)
Senior Recognition Ceremony
Monday, May 20th at 9:30 am in the Eastern High School Events Gym.
This event will highlight the accomplishments of EHS seniors; Seniors report to the auxiliary gym by 8:15 am.
Wednesday May 22, 2019
8:00 am: (optional) Senior Breakfast location to be announced.
10:00 am: (sharp) Mandatory Commencement Ceremony Rehearsal at the Cornerstone University Hansen Athletic Center located at 1001 E. Beltline Ave. NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525. Park in “Lot C & E”. If you plan to participate in Commencement, you must attend this rehearsal. The practice will last approximately two hours and it helps to ensure that the evening ceremony runs smoothly.
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
6:00 pm – (sharp) Seniors Arrive – must be in the dressing/staging area. Seniors designated parking area is “Lot C & E” on the Cornerstone Campus: limited space is available. We recommend that our seniors carpool or get dropped off.
7:00 pm – Commencement Ceremony will start promptly at 7:00 pm.
9:15 pm – Buses will depart for the Class of 2019 All Night Graduation Party. If possible, graduation clothes and diplomas should be left with someone following the ceremony. No bags, purses or cell phones may be brought on the buses. Buses will drop seniors off at approximately 5:15 am on the Cornerstone campus. Remember, the only way to go to the party is to get on the yellow limousine one last time.
Filming and Commencement Ceremony DVD
You may purchase a Commencement Ceremony DVD for $20.00 by submitting the DVD order form and turning in your payment to the EHS main office by Friday, April 12. Please make checks payable to John Bischoff and DVD(s) will be mailed to the address provided after May 30, 2019.
Jim Hill Photo, along with Motophoto, will be taking individual Commencement Ceremony pictures of the 2019 graduates which will also be available for sale; more information to follow.
Senior Events and Activities Calendar
- March 9 – Senior Dinner Dance @ Egypt Valley Country Club, 6:00 pm
- April 12 – Deadline – Commencement Ceremony ticket orders
- April 13 – Deadline – Commencement Ceremony DVD orders
- April 16 – Senior Meeting & Caps, Gowns and Announcements distributed in Auditorium 1:00 pm
- April 18 – Deadline – Post High School Plans form
- May 8 – Akron Awards (Theater) – Eastern Auditorium 7:00 pm
- May 14 – EHS Band Concert – Eastern Auditorium 7:00 pm
- May 15 – EHS Orchestra Concert – Eastern Auditorium 7:00 pm
- May 16 – EHS Choir Concert – Eastern Auditorium 7:00 pm
Senior Exam Week*/Last Day of School for Seniors (May 16th 19th):
- May 13 – Full Day – 0 hr. Exam; 1st – 6th hr. Regular Classes
- May 14 – Full Day – 1st, 2nd , 3rd, 4th hours Regular Class; 5th hr. & 6th hr. Exams
- May 15 – Partial Day – 1st & 2nd hours Regular Class; 3rd & 4th hour Exams; Excused @ 12:20 pm
- May 16 – Half/Last Day – 1st & 2nd hour Exams; Excused @ 9:40 am; Seniors Last Day
- May 4 – Prom @ Thousand Oaks 7:00 pm
- May 20 – Senior Recognition Ceremony 9:30 am (Seniors report at 8:15 am)
- May 22 – Senior Breakfast – TBA 8:00 am
- May 22 – Mandatory Commencement Ceremony Rehearsal at Cornerstone Hansen Athletic Center 10:00 am
- May 22 – Seniors Arrive at Hansen Athletic Center (park in Lots C & E) 6:00 pm
- May 22 – Commencement Ceremony – Hansen Athletic Center at Cornerstone 7:00 pm
- May 25 – Graduates board buses to leave Cornerstone to All-Night Party destination 9:15 pm