Forest Hills Public Schools has over 1,400 employees; over 700 of whom are teachers who serve over 10,000 students. The District receives over 2,000 applications each year to fill the growing number of teaching and support staff positions.
The District’s practice of encouraging support staff to complete degrees and gain hands-on experience working with students motivates many to apply for teaching positions. With a caring, trusting and supportive environment in which to work, many employees choose to stay at Forest Hills Public Schools for their entire career. Our growing number of service awards for those employed by the District over 30 years is proof of their commitment
It is the policy of the Forest Hills Public School district that no person shall on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, sex or handicap be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program of the district, including employment.
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Title IX of the Education Amendment Act of 1972
- Title IX Policy
- Title IX Comprehensive Training
- Title IX Investigator Training
- Title IX Coordinator Training
- Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Age Discrimination Act of 1975
- Title III – Language Instruction for Limited Proficient and Immigrant Students
Any questions concerning any of the above Acts or Titles, should be directed to: Christine Annese, Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources, Forest Hills Public Schools, 6590 Cascade Road SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546, (616) 493-8805.