Time to run, jump, and play…to take things apart and put them back together…to sing and dance…to listen to stories and to share some…to stretch the body and mind, etc.
These are just a few of the things that the preschool child needs to develop the aptitudes and attitudes critical for later learning. Our program provides these and much more in a warm, nurturing environment where children can grow socially, emotionally, physically, and intellectually. Activities are chosen to give students the satisfaction and self confidence that come only from walking across a balance beam without falling or learning to recite the alphabet. At the heart of the program is the dedication of giving every child individualized attention, support, and encouragement.
The Forest Hills Public Schools offers many options for preschoolers. We have both traditional and Spanish Immersion preschool programs.
FHPS Traditional Preschool Program
Preschool Schedule and Locations
There are two traditional preschool programs licensed by the State of Michigan run by Forest Hills Public Schools. One is located at Ada Elementary, 731 Ada Drive SE, and the other one is located at Knapp Forest Elementary, 4243 Knapp Valley Drive NE. Transportation to and from the program is the responsibility of the parents/guardians.
The preschool follows the Forest Hills Public Schools’ district calendar.
Both Preschool locations offer a morning session.
A.M. Session (5 half days): Monday-Friday 9-11:30 a.m.
Children must be independent bathroom users and four years old by September 1.
- Please choose the correct preschool when enrolling.
- Registration will be approved once the online application has been submitted and the $50 non-refundable registration fee has been paid online.
- Please submit a copy of your child(ren)s state issued birth certificate within two weeks of the application. Copies may be faxed, emailed or mailed to the Child Care office.
- Registrations will continue until all classes are full.
Tuition and Billing
- Tuition is billed monthly and monthly statements are available online and may be retrieved through the EZChildTrack parent portal.
- Monthly tuition is $280 payable in nine (9) payments.
- Online bill pay is available through the EZChildTrack account and can be set up at the time of registration.
For More Information
If you would like more information about the Forest Hills Traditional Preschool, please contact the Child Care Office at (616) 493-8787. The office is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
FHPS Spanish Immersion Preschool
Online registration for all of our programs is now available through our EZChildTrack system.
If you need help registering your child or would like more information about the Forest Hills Preschool Programs, please call the Child Care Office at (616) 493-8787. The office is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.