When parents work or have to be somewhere before school starts, they want a place they can take their child that is safe and fun and that helps start the day on a positive note. Likewise, parents want the security and peace of mind knowing their child is safe after school. When school schedules and parent schedules just don’t match, the Forest Hills Public Schools offer a fee-based, before- and after-school child care program.
Our before- and after-school care programs are housed in all of the district’s elementary school buildings, including Ada Vista Elementary School. We also offer a before- and after-school care program for our 5th and 6th grade students at Northern Trails 5/6 school. All before- and after-school care programs run from 7:00 a.m. to the time that the school starts, and from the time school ends until 6:00 p.m.
How do I enroll in the before and after-school care program?
Please read the following updates as it pertains to the school year 2021-2022 registration process.
- Before care hours will be 7:00 am until the start of school.
- After care hours will be from the end of school day until 6:00 pm.
- Families will be required to sign up for 5 days per week/per program (adjustments will be made for district observed holidays).
- All staff and students will be required to wear masks while attending the before and after care program. This is subject to change.
To enroll your child, you may use the online application process . If you have questions, please contact the Child Care Office at (616) 493-8787.
How much does it cost?
- $55 per week for Before School Care
- $55 per week for After School Care
- 10% sibling discount
- Adjustments will be made to your monthly invoice for District Observed Holidays.
Is child care available on days when there is no school?
Where do I go for more information?
If you have questions about the Child Care programs, before- and after-school care, and the FHPS preschool programs, please call the Child Care Office at (616) 493-8787