2021 Summer Day Camp
Summer Day Camp is for FHPS students entering kindergarten through sixth grade. All children enrolling in Summer Day Camp must be currently enrolled for the fall at a Forest Hills elementary school. Most of the day is spent with like-aged children and an experienced group leader facilitating age-appropriate activities. Child-adult ratio comply with the State of Michigan child care regulations and it is a licensed program. The fun, exciting summer program is designed to allow flexibility in scheduling.
April 20, 2021, 8:00 AM
Registration opens to currently enrolled families and Summer 2020 families
April 22, 2021, 8:00 AM
Registration opens to new families
- Camp begins Wednesday, June 16th through Friday, August 6th, NOTE* no care on July 5th.
- 4 week minimum (weekly rates are listed below)
- Schedule change deadline: May 17, 2021 (last day to change your schedule for the summer without being charged)
- Non-refundable registration fee is $40 per family
- Hours of operation Monday-Friday, 7:30am-5:00pm (Please note new times).
- Arrival time will be between 7:30am-8:15am and departure time will be 4:15pm-5:00pm. If you need to drop off or pick up at another time, please plan with the staff, in advance, to make accommodations. The late fee of $1.00 per minute will be applied after 5:00 pm.
- Families will remain in vehicles until a staff member has verified the health screener was completed for each child. A staff member will escort the child(ren) into the site in the morning and to the vehicles at the end of the day. Parents/guardians will remain in vehicle.
- Masks will be required to be worn throughout the day except for breakfast, snack, lunch or outdoor time.
- Field trips will be limited to outdoor parks and swimming at the Forest Hills Aquatic Center.
- The group size will be approximately 20 children. The groups will be divided by age and they will remain in the same group with the same staff throughout the day.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Snacks will be provided daily. Breakfast times are 7:30 am-8:30 am. A menu will be provided. If your Child has allergies or other food preferences please feel free to bring a lunch and/or snacks from home. Please do not send food that needs to be refrigerated or heated.
- Please have your child(ren) bring a water bottle daily and sunscreen to be left at the site (please label both with name).
- All activities are subject to change. Please check the whiteboard at Summer Day Camp site daily.
- Please remember that to ensure students attend child care only when they are feeling well and free of COVID-19 symptoms.
- Parents/guardians must conduct the daily health screener on each child prior to them attending child care.
- Always monitor for the onset of symptoms related to COVID-19 and contact your healthcare provider should changes in one’s heath occur.
- Monthly statements are available online and may be retrieved through the parent portal.
- Online payment is not available at this time.
- Payments may be made by cash, check, or credit card.
- Payments may be mailed to the child care office, or you can call the child care office to make a one time payment, or set up an automatic payment with your credit card.
Summer Payment Schedule
- June payment will be due on Wednesday, June 16, 2021. Late payment fee
will be applied to your account after June 23, 2021.
- July payments will be due on July 6, 2021. Late payment fee will be
applied to your account after July 13, 2021.
- August payment will be due August 2, 2021. Late payment fee will be
applied to your account after August 10, 2021.
- Child care services may be suspended if full payment is not received.
Forest Hills Child Care is a prepaid program. Families will be charged tuition for scheduled days whether or not the child attends. Tuition is charged on the basis of enrollment, not attendance.
- Families provide a cold sack/box lunch with a drink unless indicated on schedule.
- Label your child’s lunch with name/date.
- Do not send in a lunch that needs to be heated or refrigerated.
Notice of Non-Discrimination Policy
It is the policy of the Forest Hills Public School district that no person shall on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, sex or handicap be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program of the district, including employment.
Any questions concerning Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, including athletic issues, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, or inquiries related to Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of handicap, should be directed to: Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources, Forest Hills Public Schools, 6590 Cascade Road SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546, (616) 493-8787.