2019 Summer Day Camp opens June 12
Summer Day Camp is for FHPS students entering kindergarten through sixth grade. Children entering kindergarten must provide a current physical and a list of immunizations to be eligible to attend Summer Day Camp. Forms are available below. Most of the day is spent with like-aged children and an experienced group leader facilitating age-appropriate activities. Child-adult ratio comply with the State of Michigan child care regulations and it is a licensed program. The fun, exciting summer program is designed to allow flexibility in scheduling, however there is a minimum requirement of three days per week of attendance.
Summer Day Camp 2019 will be located at Central Woodlands and runs daily from 6:45am until 6:15pm.
- Registration opens on April 16, 2019 (April 18, 2019 for new families)
- Registration fee $40 per family
- Click here to register for Summer Day Camp
- All updates and notifications regarding Child Care programs are posted in Child Care News.
Health Appraisal Form (Children entering kindergarten only)
Schedule and Payment Information
- Only full day care available at $45.00 per day. A 10% discount will apply to all full week schedules (5 days a week).
- Includes all field trips, transportation, supplies, daily breakfast and snacks
- 3 days per week minimum/3 weeks per summer minimum.
- Any cancellations to your child’s schedule must be made before the month begins. If you cancel after the start of the month you will be required to pay regardless if the child attends that day(s).
- Online schedules will be emailed to families after the registration is completed. Please complete the online form for June, July and August. The summer schedule needs to be submitted by May 10, 2019
- Students who attend Forest Hills Public Schools will have summer registration preference.
- Online payment is not available at this time.
- Monthly tuition is due by the 5th of each month to avoid a late fee.
- Services may be suspended if fee is not paid in full by the 10th of each month.
- Call the Child Care Services Office for payment options.
Field Trip Forms
If you need any assistance with the permission slips, please contact Child Care Services (616) 493-8787
- Breakfast is served daily from 6:45am- 8:15 a.m.
- Families provide a cold sack/box lunch with a drink unless indicated on schedule.
- Please label your child’s lunch with name/date.
- Please do not send in a lunch that needs to be heated.
Other Helpful Information
- Children will be outside daily, weather permitting. Please dress your child appropriately for outside play. Gym shoes are preferable to sandals (no flip flops except at pool)
- Per licensing regulations, parents must sign their child in and out of care each day.
- If your child needs medication while in camp, please bring the medication in its original container with physician’s instructions.
- A medication form is available to download when registering. Please complete and send the form with your child’s medication. Child Care Medication Permission Form
- Please send a labeled bottle of sunscreen with your child. When registering, please give Summer Day Camp permission to apply sunscreen.
- If your child does not want to participate in a field trip, you will need to find alternative care. There is no care at Summer Day Camp when a field trip is scheduled. For the safety of the children, all children will be required to wear a field trip shirt.
- Everything your child brings from home must be labeled with first/last name including swimwear. We are not responsible for lost articles.
- Summer Day Camp is an electronics-free program. No electronics, please.
- Educational movies may be part of your child’s day, but will not be a part of the daily activities.
- Please check the whiteboard located at the entrance of Summer Day Camp for updates on activities.
- FHPS Summer Day Camp uses positive methods of discipline which will encourage self-confidence, self-direction and self-control.
- In rare cases of unacceptable behavior, the staff will work with families to encourage and promote a positive outcome using the FHPS discipline policy. Please see the Parent Handbook on the Child Care Website to view the discipline policy. If the issues remain unresolved, we reserve the right to exclude any child who is disruptive to the program.
Notice of Non-Discrimination Policy
It is the policy of the Forest Hills Public School district that no person shall on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, sex or handicap be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program of the district, including employment.
Any questions concerning Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, including athletic issues, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, or inquiries related to Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of handicap, should be directed to: Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources, Forest Hills Public Schools, 6590 Cascade Road SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546, (616) 493-8787.