2020 Summer Day Camp opens June 10th
Summer Day Camp is for FHPS students entering kindergarten through sixth grade. All children enrolling in Summer Day Camp must be currently enrolled for the fall at a Forest Hills elementary school. Most of the day is spent with like-aged children and an experienced group leader facilitating age-appropriate activities. Child-adult ratio comply with the State of Michigan child care regulations and it is a licensed program. The fun, exciting summer program is designed to allow flexibility in scheduling.
Summer Day Camp 2020 will be located at Central Woodlands and runs daily from 7:00 am until 6:00 pm.
Please note all changes to our program before completing registration at the bottom of this page.
Schedule and Payment Information
- Summer Day Camp is a weekly program , 5 full days (with the exception of Weeks 1 and 4).
- A minimum of 3 weeks is required to attend Summer Day Camp.
- Please refer to our Summer Day Camp daily schedule for daily activities and pricing.
- Includes all field trips, transportation, supplies, daily breakfast and snacks
- Any cancellations to your child’s schedule must be made before camp begins on June 10th. If you cancel after the start of camp you will be required to pay regardless if the child attends that day(s).
- Only currently enrolled Forest Hills Public Schools students are eligible to enroll.
- Online payment is not available at this time.
- Monthly tuition is due by the 5th of each month to avoid a late fee.
- Services may be suspended if fee is not paid in full by the 10th of each month.
- Call the Child Care Services Office for payment options.
Field Trip Forms
Field trip permission forms will be emailed to families upon submission of child’s schedule. Forms will also be available at the Summer day camp site.
Please note children may not attend field trips without a signed permission form.
There will NOT be care offered on site while any field trip is in session.
If you need any assistance with the permission slips, please contact Child Care Services (616) 493-8787
- Breakfast is served daily from 7:00 a.m. to 8:15 a.m.
- Families provide a cold sack/box lunch with a drink unless indicated on schedule.
- Label your child’s lunch with name/date.
- Do not send in a lunch that needs to be heated.
Other Helpful Information
- Children will be outside daily, weather permitting. Please dress your child appropriately for outside play. Gym shoes are preferable to sandals (no flip flops, except at pool)
- Per licensing regulations, parents or assigned adult must sign their child in and out of care each day.
- If your child needs medication while in camp, please bring the medication in its original container with physician’s instructions.
- A medication form is available to download when registering. Please complete and send the form with your child’s medication.
- Please send a labeled bottle of sunscreen with your child.
- When registering, please give Summer Day Camp permission to apply sunscreen by checking the box on the form.
- If your child does not want to participate in a field trip, you will need to find alternative care. There is no care at Summer Day Camp when a field trip is scheduled. For the safety of the children, all children will be required to wear a field trip shirt.
- Everything your child brings from home must be labeled with first/last name including swimwear. We are not responsible for lost articles.
- Summer Day Camp is an electronics-free program. No electronics will be allowed.
- Educational movies may be part of your child’s day, but will not be a part of the daily activities.
- Please check the whiteboard located at the entrance of Summer Day Camp for updates on activities.
- FHPS Summer Day Camp uses positive methods of discipline which will encourage self-confidence, self-direction and self-control.
- In rare cases of unacceptable behavior, the staff will work with families to encourage and promote a positive outcome using the FHPS discipline policy. Please see the Parent Handbook on the Child Care Website to view the discipline policy. If the issues remain unresolved, we reserve the right to exclude any child who is disruptive to the program.
Notice of Non-Discrimination Policy
It is the policy of the Forest Hills Public School district that no person shall on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, sex or handicap be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program of the district, including employment.
Any questions concerning Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, including athletic issues, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, or inquiries related to Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of handicap, should be directed to: Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources, Forest Hills Public Schools, 6590 Cascade Road SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546, (616) 493-8787.