Welcome to the NHMS Counseling Office!
The Role of a Counselor
In accordance with the Michigan School Counselors Association, the role of the elementary counselor in Forest Hills is to:
- Help children develop a better understanding and acceptance of themselves.
- Help children cope with family changes.
- Help children develop decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Help children develop socially and emotionally and to mature in their relationships with others.
- Help parents to understand their child’s emotions, behaviors and learning styles, and to assist them in meeting their child’s needs.
- Help school staff to understand and meet the needs of all students in intellectual, personal, social and emotional areas.
- Help parents and teachers create a positive learning environment.
Counselors present their programs to students in large groups, small groups, and with individuals.
Contact the Counseling Office
Forest Hills Northern Hills Middle School Counseling Office
3775 Leonard Street NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525
Phone: (616) 493-8650
Fax: (616) 493-8686