- Bus #3 – Central Woodlands, Central Middle, Central High
- Bus #6 – Northern Trails, Northern Hills Middle, Northern High
- Bus #8 – Pine Ridge Elementary, Central Middle, Central High
- Bus #11 – Knapp Forest Elementary, Eastern Middle, Eastern High
- Bus #13 – Pine Ridge, Northern Hills Middle, Northern High
- Bus #23 – Meadow Brook Elementary, Eastern Middle, Eastern High
- Bus #89 – Thornapple Elementary, Central Middle, Central High
- Bus #91 – Ada Elementary, Eastern Middle, Eastern High
Forest Hills Eastern Middle School
2200 Pettis Avenue NE
Ada, MI 49301-9266
Phone: (616) 493-8850
- 7th grade Schedule Planning Sheet for the 2021-2022 School Year
- 8th grade Schedule Planning Sheet for the 2021-2022 School Year
- FHPS Course Description Guides
- FHPS Student Handbooks
- Michigan’s Online Course Catalog
- Comprehensive Guidance and Counseling Program Brochure
The Role of a Counselor
In accordance with the Michigan School Counselors Association, the role of the middle school counselor in Forest Hills is to:
- Help children develop a better understanding and acceptance of themselves.
- Help children cope with family changes.
- Help children develop decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Help children develop socially and emotionally and to mature in their relationships with others.
- Help parents to understand their child’s emotions, behaviors and learning styles, and to assist them in meeting their child’s needs.
- Help school staff to understand and meet the needs of all students in intellectual, personal, social and emotional areas.
- Help parents and teachers create a positive learning environment.
Counselors present programs to students in large groups, small groups, and individually.
Classroom Guidance Lessons – Many students benefit from the skills and information presented in developmentally appropriate classroom guidance lessons. Counselors provide activities which address the following topics:
- bullying & teasing behaviors
- career exploration
- cyber safety
- new student transition
- organizational & study skills
Individual Counseling– Counselors are available for you privately to discuss a variety of topics including but not limited to:
- academic success
- emotional management
- goal setting
- grief and loss
This is short term counseling typically resulting from a student, teacher or parent referral.