- Bus #3 – Central Woodlands, Central Middle, Central High
- Bus #6 – Northern Trails, Northern Hills Middle, Northern High
- Bus #8 – Pine Ridge Elementary, Central Middle, Central High
- Bus #11 – Knapp Forest Elementary, Eastern Middle, Eastern High
- Bus #13 – Pine Ridge, Northern Hills Middle, Northern High
- Bus #23 – Meadow Brook Elementary, Eastern Middle, Eastern High
- Bus #89 – Thornapple Elementary, Central Middle, Central High
- Bus #91 – Ada Elementary, Eastern Middle, Eastern High
At Forest Hills Public Schools we are dedicated to and are driven by our vision of all learners achieving individual potential. In our district’s two dual language immersion programs, we adhere to this district vision in two languages.
Whether your avenue is Early-Total Spanish Immersion or 50/50 Immersion in Mandarin Chinese, there are pathways to bilingualism and bi-literacy through immersion education beginning in kindergarten here in FHPS!
What is Language Immersion?
GROWING as a community of language learners
GUIDED by the pillars of Dual Language Immersion educational philosophy
GROUNDED in our vision of all learners achieving individual potential
K-12 Language Immersion Programming is designed intentionally, providing learners with time and intensity in a target language to encourage bilingualism and bi-literacy. Students experience daily core content instruction through the means of a target language. As part of this content instruction, students acquire skills unique to the target language, with the overarching goal of developing student performance and proficiency over time. This means that the language is not the sole content of instruction itself, but rather it serves as the vehicle through which content knowledge and skills are accessed and engaged. In Forest Hills Public Schools, we emphasize and celebrate the three-fold goal of dual language immersion education:
- Achievement of grade-level content expectations (Common Core State Standards/FHPS Curriculum Standards)
- Attainment of high levels of target language performance and proficiency
- Awareness, appreciation, and sensitivity for world cultures
What if I have Questions About Language Immersion?
Should you have questions about language immersion education, instruction, and programs, please contact Jesús Santillán, Director of Immersion and Language Learning, 616-493-8578, or email, firstname.lastname@example.org.