Forest Hills Central High School has long been rated as a top performer in the areas of academic excellence, fine arts, and athletics. This is due to the exceptional accomplishments of our students, staff, and parents. Our reputation for academic excellence continues to thrive and lead Kent County and all of West Michigan. Our students in grades nine through twelve are taught by proven instructors, 80% of whom hold at least a master’s degree. For the second year in a row, based on multiple criteria, Grand Rapids Magazine ranked the Forest Hills Schools as the number one district in Kent County.
Why has our school been so successful? The answer lies in the spirit of cooperation and the partnerships formed between our school, the community, and the parents and students of Forest Hills Central High School. Please contact us if you have specific questions or comments and we will be happy to assist you.
In partnership with our community, Forest Hills Public Schools will provide all learners with opportunities to acquire the knowledge, skills, and experiences necessary to build meaningful and productive lives.
High School Overview:
- Total Enrollment: 1198
- Staff: 85
- Courses: 153 courses are offered in 13 Departments
- 95% of Forest Hills Central Graduates attend a 2- or 4-year college.
- 268 students participated in Advanced Placement Testing and 77% received a “3” or higher. 2 graduates became finalist for the National Merit Scholarship Program and 4 were National Merit Commended Students.
- Our graduates have been awarded over $2,500,000 in scholarship funds.
- Our students typically score in the top 5 percent of the state in MEAP assessment.
Team Name: Rangers
Colors: Green and White
Contact Central High School
Office Hours: M-F, 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Phone: (616) 493-8700
Fax: (616) 493-8714
Attendance Line: (616) 493-8712
Please call the main office number for all general inquiries, or email us.