Thank you Forest Hills community for INVESTING in our district, SECURING our schools, and INSPIRING all learners!
Bond Proposal Overview
What Every Taxpayer Should Know about the Bond Proposal
- If approved, there is expected to be NO tax rate increase.
- The amount of the bond proposal is for $130 million.
- If approved, the bond proposal would fund capital improvements phased in over eight years.
- The bond proposal was developed to: INVEST, SECURE, and INSPIRE.
- A majority of the bond would go toward transforming over 500 classrooms and educational learning environments where students spend a large portion of their time at school.
This proposal was developed to INVEST in the district’s infrastructure by:
- Upgrading critical mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems such as boilers, chillers,
and fresh air handling units in all schools
- Replacing systems at the end of useful life cycle
- Continuing snowmelt systems
- Replacing roofing, parking lots, and sidewalks
- Relocating and constructing the district’s administration office to the Fine Arts Center campus
- Improving athletic facilities, as identified
This proposal was developed to SECURE our schools by:
- Funding continual improvements to safety and security measures within our district as
school safety solutions evolve
- Updating lighting, occupancy sensors, and surveillance systems
- Replacing aging buses to keep the fleet modern and safe
This proposal was developed to INSPIRE our students by:
- Transforming over 500 classrooms to create dynamic learning environments and
age-appropriate workspaces, including flexible furniture, energy efficient LED lighting,
and integrated technology
- Updating technology infrastructure, including classroom multimedia and devices, to
support teaching and learning
- Providing project-based learning environments to support collaborative learning
- Continuing media center improvements
- Spending the majority of bond funds to transform classrooms, where students
spend a large part of their time at school