Welcome to Forest Hills Central!
Forest Hills Central High School has long been rated as a top performer in the areas of academic excellence, fine arts, and athletics. This is due to the exceptional accomplishments of our students, staff, and parents. Our reputation for academic excellence continues to thrive and lead Kent County and all of West Michigan. Our 1357 students in grades nine through twelve are taught by proven instructors, 80% of whom hold at least a master’s degree. For the second year in a row, based on multiple criteria, Grand Rapids Magazine ranked the Forest Hills Schools as the number one district in Kent County.
Why has our school been so successful? The answer lies in the spirit of cooperation and the partnerships formed between our school, the community, and the parents and students of Forest Hills Central High School. Please contact us if you have specific questions or comments and we will be happy to assist you.
Latest Central High News
MONDAY, MARCH 2, 2015 3:30-7:15 PM
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 4, 2015 3:30-7:15 PM
THESE CONFERENCES ARE WALK-IN
* PLEASE PRINT THE FOLLOWING ATTACHMENT
* FILL OUT YOUR STUDENTS SCHEDULE
* BRING THE SCHEDULE WITH YOU ON THE NIGHT OF CONFERENCES
Senior Exam Exemptions:
Seniors have the opportunity to earn an exemption from their second semester exams on a class by class basis. The following criteria must be met for a senior to earn an exemption.
Senior Exam Exemption Criteria:
- Must be passing all of their classes
- 85% or better average within the class being considered for exemption (No rounding)
- Three or fewer non-school related, excused absences in the class being considered for exemption.
- No unexcused absences
- Two or fewer tardies for the semester within the class being considered for exemption
- NO disciplinary actions at all – academic or athletic (detentions/suspensions/computer use/social probation/etc…)
- No felony or misdemeanor convictions outside of school