Key Points for Kent ISD Collaborative Schools of Choice
- If selected, we will do our best to place your child at your requested school. However, class sizes may require an alternate placement. Initial placements are tentative and may be changed any time prior to the first day of school.
- Placement may be denied for students who have been suspended, expelled, or convicted of a felony.
- Once accepted into SOC, there is no need to apply every year as long as you reside in a qualifying district.
- Transportation is the responsibility of the parent.
- There are MHSAA requirements for transfer students. Please review rules on the MHSAA website if you have questions.
- For additional information about the Schools of Choice program, please visit the KISD Schools of Choice website.
2020-2021 School Year
The Kent ISD Collaborative Schools of Choice Program is a lottery-oriented system and is not based on a first-come, first-served process. Applicants who submit applications to more than one district may be disqualified from the Schools of Choice program.
We anticipate receiving more applications than available openings. Therefore, applicants are drawn through a random drawing.
Notification of Placements
Families will receive, via email, a Letter of Acceptance indicating placement status. A parent/guardian must return a signed Letter of Acceptance to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm their child’s placement.
Those applicants not initially placed are put on a waiting list. Notification is sent throughout the Summer, if openings become available.
If you have any further questions about this process, please email email@example.com, or call, (616) 493-8826.