Service resumes: #6 – NT, #6 – NHMS/NHS, #69 – TA, #69 – NHMS/NHS, #74 – KF , #74 – EMS/EHS, #75 – CW, #75 – CMS/CHS, #76 – OV, #76 – NHMS/NHS, #89 – TA, #89 – CMS/CHS. Service suspended: #1 – MB, #1 – EMS/EHS, #9 – CW, #9 – CMS/CHS, #65 – TA, #65 – CMS/CHS, #72 – KF, #72 – EMS/EHS, #84 – COL, #84 – NHMS/NHS.
Key Points for Kent ISD Collaborative Schools of Choice
- If selected, we will do our best to place your child at your requested school. However, class sizes may require an alternate placement. Initial placements are tentative and may be changed any time prior to the first day of school.
- Placement may be denied for students who have been suspended, expelled, or convicted of a felony.
- Once accepted into SOC, there is no need to apply every year as long as you reside in a qualifying district.
- Transportation is the responsibility of the parent.
- There are MHSAA requirements for transfer students. Please review the sport-specific transfer rules from the MHSAA .
- For additional information about the Schools of Choice program, please visit the KISD Schools of Choice website.
2021-2022 School Year
Openings for 2021-22
|Chinese Immersion Kindergarten||9|
The Kent ISD Collaborative Schools of Choice Program is a lottery-oriented system and is not based on a first-come, first-served process. Applicants who submit applications to more than one district may be disqualified from the Schools of Choice program.
Include proof of residency i.e property tax statement, lease agreement with your application.
Applications may be submitted at the Administration office at 6590 Cascade Rd SE or via email at email@example.com. The form must be received by 4 p.m. on May 14, 2021.
We anticipate receiving more applications than available openings. Therefore, applicants are drawn through a random drawing.
Notification of Placements
Parents will be notified about placement by May 26. 2021. Families will receive, via email, a Letter of Acceptance indicating placement details. A parent/guardian must sign and return the Letter of Acceptance no later than June 4, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm their child’s placement.
Those applicants not initially selected for placement are put on a waiting list. Parents will be contacted throughout the summer, if openings become available.
If you have any further questions about this process, please email email@example.com, or call, (616) 493-8826.