- Collins main office number: 616-493-8900
- Collins fax number: 616-493-8909
- Attendance line (available 24 hrs): 616-493-8906
- Website address: www.fhps.net/collins
- Principal: Mitch Balingit email@example.com
- Secretaries: Denise Loree firstname.lastname@example.org; Carol Ullery email@example.com
Collins PTO website at www.collinspto.org
Latest Collins Elementary News
Please join us Monday, Nov. 30, at 7 p.m., at the Fine Arts Center for a free community event featuring Nancy Colflesh, Ph.D. She will discuss ways in which people can successfully navigate all kinds of changes in their lives. Following her presentation, there will be smaller breakout sessions covering topics such as: grief and death; divorce and family changes; health challenges; peer breakups and friendships; and empty nesters and identity changes. The event is organized by the Forest Hills Public Schools parent group for the Awareness, Acceptance and Advocacy of Mental Health, and is underwritten by a grant from the Forest Hills Public Schools Foundation.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving Holiday break with your family and friends!
Happy Thanksgiving from the Collins Staff!
Monday, November 30
- Gone boarding assemblies in the AM (K-2nd)
- 2nd grade dress rehearsal at FHNHS Auditorium
- 6:15 p.m. 2nd grade students need to be at the Forest Hills Northern High School Auditorium for the Musical 6:30 p.m. start time
Tuesday, December 1
- Bricks 4 Kidz after school in teacher’s lounge
Thursday, December 3
- 3rd grade dress rehearsal at the FHNHS Auditorium
- 6:15 p.m. 3rd grade students need to be at the Forest Hills Northern High School Auditorium for the Musical 6:30 p.m.
Friday, December 4
- Two-hour delay today. School begins at 10:40 a.m. Please don’t drop students off before 10:30 a.m. – Teachers/Staff will be in professional development until 10:30 a.m.
December 16 – 3rd grade goes to Nutcracker Ballet – Cultural Arts
December 17 – 2:30 p.m. Classroom Holiday Parties
December 18 – Individual Classroom movies 2:00 p.m.
December 21 – January 1 – Holiday Break – no school
January 4 – Back to school Welcome 2016!
Please make sure your child comes to school every day now with the following: (These items are required for outside recess!) Students do go outside everyday unless it is rain or temperatures fall below zero degrees. If you do not have access to these items and need assistance, please feel free to call the office @ 493-8900. Students cannot go off of the sidewalks without all of the below attire. Outdoor play is an important part of their day. Thanks for making sure your student has a successful day at school in and out of the classroom.
- winter coat
- winter snow pants
- winter snow boots
Please bring these items in a separate bag from their backpack so that their school work doesn’t get wet.
Please also label all items brought to school.
Just a reminder of school start times.
- Students are marked tardy if they are not in their classrooms ready to go by 8:40 a.m.
- The first bell rings at 8:35 a.m.
- Please plan on being in the parking lot between 8:25 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- Students can be in the lobby without a parent at 8:30 a.m.
Thank you for your help. If your student arrives to school at 8:40 or after they do need to be signed in at the office. Thank you.