What is Parent Portal?
Parent/guardians can access PowerSchool, our computerized student records database, through the Parent Portal. For our kindergarten through sixth-grade families, Parent Portal allows you to view contact information, important school information, and school news bulletins.
Parent Portal also is a link to our communication system called SchoolMessenger. Additional information about SchoolMessenger is enclosed, but first you need to become familiar with Parent Portal, and make sure you are set up, and have logged in to your account.
If you’re new to Parent Portal, please read the instructions below for setting up your account. If you already have an account for a student and have a new student attending school, all you need to do is “Add” a student to your account, by logging into the system, and starting at step 4 below.
Login Instructions to Parent Portal
To access Parent Portal and set up your account, please do the following:
- Make sure you have your unique login information that you should have received in the mail.
Please call (616) 493-8550 or email, email@example.com for support.
- Login to Powerschool Parent Portal
- Select “Create Account” at bottom of the page.
- Enter the following information in the “Create Parent Account” section
- First name
- Last name
- Unique email account (or your personal email account)
- Unique username
- Enter the following information in the “Link Students to Account” section.
- Student name
- Access ID (found in the account access letter mailed to you)
- Access Password(found in the account access letter mailed to you)
- Your relationship to the child (mother, father, guardian, etc.)
- Press Enter
Once your account is successfully created, you will be able to log in to the “Parent Sign In” screen using your new username and password. If you have any questions about the Parent Portal access or need technical support, please call (616) 493-8550 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. Best wishes for a successful school year!
-FHPS Technology Department
PowerSchool Mobile App
The designers of our PowerSchool system have mobile apps available to parents and students via Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play Store. To download the apps, click the graphic below that is appropriate for your device.