Welcome to the Forest Hills Public Schools Community and Aquatic Center. Opened on March 5, 1990, this 32,000 square foot center provides centralized aquatic recreation, physical education and athletic facilities and community meeting rooms. The natural slopes of the site were used to organize building entrances and the internal functions of the Community and Aquatic Center. The upper level entrance serves anyone using the community room and pool spectators. Swimmers and competitive teams use the lower level entrance accessible from Ada Drive.
Facility Facts and Figures
- An 8 lane, 25 yard standard “short course” instructional and competitive pool.
- A 22′ by 45′ diving “L” providing 2 one meter diving boards and a 3 meter board for competition. This diving “L” also provides a 6 lane, 25 meter competitive course. The pool accommodates both standard short course 25 yard and 25 meter competitions.
- The pool holds approximately 308,500 gallons of water (depending on bather load).
- A Neptune Benson Defender filter system which cleans the total volume of the pool water every six hours.
- Pool equipment for automatic temperature, water level, and chemical balance control.
- An energy-efficient Seresco HVAC system that removes humidity and heat from the air and transfers the heat to the pool water. This system reduces operating costs.
- Spectator seating for 300.
- Community, physical education, and team locker rooms on the lower level.
- A 1,200 square foot community meeting room and building administrative offices.
- Parking for 155 cars on both levels.
- 32,000 cubic feet of concrete.
- 90,000 face bricks.
- 100 tons of structural steel; each truss spanning the pool weighs 2.5 tons.
- 17,000 square feet of ceramic tile.
Lifeguards and Swimming Instructors
The Aquatic Center staff is trained to uncompromising standards for the safety and effective training of our guests and students. Trained within the American Red Cross Lifeguarding Program, all lifeguards have current Lifeguard Training / First Aid, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certifications. Our swimming instructors are trained as American Red Cross Water Safety Instructors. The locker rooms are staffed with attendants during all open swims.
Located near the corner of Forest Hill Avenue and Ada Drive in Grand Rapids, MI