This website contains a variety of information about our school of interest to you and your child attending Pine Ridge. Please contact us if you have specific questions or comments and we will be happy to help you, (616) 493-8910.
School Mission Statement:
We respect ourselves.
We respect each other.
We respect our school.
We respect our world.
Green and White
All Learners Achieving Individual Potential
Points of Pride
- The 30th annual “Me & My Dad Breakfast” was held on the first Saturday in December with over 600 fathers, grandfathers, and their children donating food items for Kids Food Basket.
- Each grade level presented spectacular musical programs in the spring.
- Literacy Day was held in June, with all students sharing a published book.
- All Fourth graders participated in a final Pine Ridge Field trip to Camp Manitou-Lin.
- In December, the tradition of making candy houses continued for the kindergartners and their parents.
- Fourth graders took a trip to Lansing that included stops at the state capital and the state historical museum.
- Pine Ridge hosts a number of family nights. These are low key events where families can celebrate learning together:
- Three Family Board Game Nights spread throughout the school year.
- S.T.E.M. Night – Science, Technology, Engineering, Math activities.
- Camp Read-A-Lot – Celebrating March is Reading Month.
- Pine Ridge Art Show – showcasing multiple pieces of art from each student.
- Fourth graders and Kindergarten students buddy up for many activities throughout the school year including their annual Thanksgiving Feast.
- Second Grade does monthly service projects aimed at helping different groups in the local community.
- The Pine Ridge Cultural Arts Committee, funded by the PTO, continues to provide a commitment to the arts by hosting:
- Tom Woodruff, illustrator, worked with all third and fourth grades drawing a piece of Michigan’s history. Tom also hosted a family drawing night at the school.
- Linda Nemec Foster, local poet, worked with our fourth graders on writing with different forms of poetry.
- Bright Star Theatre, a national touring company
- Tim Smith, the author of the Buck Wilder Series, visited with all of the Pine Ridge students as a kick off to Camp Read-A-Lot
- The Pine Ridge Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) continues to be an important partner with the school in so many ways:
- Organization and running of our annual fundraiser – The Ranger Rally (previously the Panther Prowl). This is a 2 mile walk to the Cascade Fire House on Buttrick. It is an exercise for fitness and fundraising.
- Funding the transportation and entrance fees for ALL school field trips!
- Organization and running of the very successful school carnival, which is still held at the school.
- Funded our monthly grade level teacher professional development. This was a major contribution and highly appreciated by the staff.
- Every classroom, including specials, is integrating the use of technology into daily learning. Each classroom has 6 Chromebooks assigned to it.