Northern Trails 5/6 School
3777 Leonard Street NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525-3369
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Mon-Fri
Office: (616) 493-8990
Attendance Line: (616) 493-8993
Fax: (616) 493-8995
Many book authors love to hear from readers … especially authors of children’s books. Try writing to your favorite author and maybe you’ll get a letter back. There are tips online about how children can write a letter to a favorite author, where they’d find a mailing address and much more. Some authors will even […]
The community is invited to come learn about the benefits of immersion education, Monday, Aug. 14, at Ada Vista Elementary, from 6-7:30 p.m. Hear from a leader in immersion education research, Tara Williams Fortune, Ph.D., an immersion teaching specialist and director of the Immersion Research and Professional Development Program at the Center for Advanced Research […]
Regular a.m. Encore (6th Grade Music/PE will meet)
October 27, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 8:15 am
K-6 Students half-day a.m. / K-6 record marking p.m.
October 27, 2017 @ 8:40 am - 11:55 am
Useful Information and Links
- 2015-16 FHPS Family/Student Handbooks
- Northern Trails 5/6 Electronic Device Policy
- FHPS District Policies and Practices
- Allergy, Asthma, and Seizure Action Plans
- Operations – Building Use Form
- Volunteer Consent Form
- FHN Orchestra
- FHN Band
School Day Schedule
Start of school day 8:40 a.m.
End of school day 3:45 p.m.
Suggested Supply List
Fifth and Sixth Grade Supply List 2017-2018
- Gym shoes
- Recorder (for fifth grade only, $6.00) or may use elementary recorder
- Gym shirt ($6.00 – purchased through school)
- Backpack – wheeled backpacks do not fit in the student lockers
- Calculator (TI-30X IIS, available in the school store for $14.00)
- Pencil pouch, Pens, Pencils, Highlighter
- Ear buds (personal) – optional. Headphones provided when needed.
- Binder – simple with a zipper (6th) The largest version do not fit in student desks or their lockers. [5th grade: simple binder with zipper OR accordion folder.]
- 2” – 3 ring binder (6th grade)
- Six (6) one-subject spiral notebooks (separate notebooks) +2 additional for 6th grade Chinese Immersion
- Colored pencils and markers (6th grade only)
- Markers, crayons, or colored pencils (5th grade only)
- Expo Markers (a couple) for use on individual student whiteboards.
- Glue stick
- Small scissors
Family Donations for Teachers Welcome!
Kleenex, disinfecting wipes, ream of wide lined paper, 8 ½ x 11 ream of paper, or dry-erase markers (thin) for student use.