2022-23 Senior Exam Waiver Policy
Student Exam Exemption Criteria:
- Students must be passing all classes.
- Students must have an 85% (or higher) in the class he/she is intending to not take the exam.
- Students cannot have any unexcused absences.
- Students cannot have more than two tardies per class.
- Students cannot have violated the student code of conduct.
- Students cannot have received more than one cell phone violation during second semester.
If all of these criteria are met (during second semester), you may waive your exams.
Senior Exam Week / Last Day of School for Seniors (May 8-10):
- Monday, May 8, 2023 – Full day – Zero hour exams
- Tuesday, May 9, 2023 – Full day – 4th, 5th, and 6th hour exams
- Wednesday, May 10, 2023 – SENIORS LAST DAY – 1st, 2nd, 3rd hour exams; seniors excused at 11:04am
Caps, Gowns, and Announcements
Jostens will be here on Wednesday, March 15, at 9:50am in the FHN auditorium. During the senior meeting, Josten’s will be here to distribute caps, gowns, and other items that were previously ordered. If your senior cannot attend the meeting, they may pick up their items in the main office.
Each senior will receive 10 tickets when all his/her obligations have been paid. A list of obligations will be emailed to parents and students following senior exams. Obligations can be paid in the office. Tickets will be provided to your senior immediately following the Passing of the Light Assembly on May 15, 2023, in the North Gym.
Scholarships/Awards/Post High School Plans
Students must submit this information by Friday, April 24, 2023, to be included in the Commencement program. Please submit only information for the college you have been accepted to and plan to attend.
Senior Recognition and Commencement Attire and Behavior
Graduation ceremonies are provided for those who wish to participate. They are dignified occasions, and we are confident that all graduates will dress and act appropriately. Graduates who do not meet the dress requirements will not be permitted to participate in the ceremonies.
Please follow these dress guidelines:
Boys: Dark dress pants (no jeans), collared shirt, tie, dress shoes, and dark socks (no athletic shoes, boots, or sandals).
Girls: Knee/calf-length dress, or skirt/dress slacks and a blouse, dress shoes (no athletic shoes or boots); no corsages are to be worn on gowns. Purses should be left with parents or at home.
Gowns & Stoles – Please steam or press gowns with a cool iron. They are very wrinkled when you take them out of the packaging.
Caps – Caps should be worn flat on the head (bobby-pinned if necessary). No decor is allowed on the cap.