What is LINKS?
LINKS is a peer-to-peer inclusion program where students support a same-aged peer from the cognitively impaired classroom at school.
Some of the settings where LINKS support peers include:
- General education classrooms
- Gym class
- Music class
- Art class
- Social language group
- Motor group
- Project Unify activities
- Bocce ball
- Special education classroom
- Field day
- Community service project
What is Project Unify?
An education and sports-based program that promotes acceptance, respect, and leadership for students of all abilities while creating an inclusive school environment.
There are four components:
- a unified sport…we play bocce ball
- a school-wide campaign to foster diversity and respect for all
- a community service project
- a Youth Activation Committee (YAC)
Meadow Brook Project Unify Contact Information:
- Ginny Grit, School Social Worker, email@example.com
- Barbara Sluiter, Special Education Teacher, firstname.lastname@example.org