Did you know?
Forest Hills Public Schools is offering free food kits for kids!
- Food kits are typically 5 days of food! (1 breakfast and 1 lunch per child each day.)
- They are FREE for all children up to age 18 and young adults with special needs up to age 26.
- Pickup is EASY – A quick, no-contact curbside pickup will take just a few short minutes from your afternoon!
- Food kits are available to EVERYONE no matter what your level of need! Please use this resource if it could help you financially, save you a trip to the grocery store, or assist with time management/stress levels by giving you prepared meals that you do not need to think about! They are meant to take something off your hands!
- FACT: the more we use this program, the more resources the district has access to in return! So, let’s take advantage of this program!
Other Important Info:
- Meals must be ordered each week by Wednesday mornings at 9a.m. and can be picked up curbside on Fridays from 3-5 p.m. Pick up location: 160 Alta Dale Ave SE
- If you are unable to pick meals up, you may have a friend, family member or neighbor pick up for you. If you need to make alternate pick up arrangements, please call the food service office at 616-493-8774.
- Children who receive free meals at school are not eligible to receive additional free meals for the same days they are in school. (Only 1 free breakfast/1 free lunch per child, per day.)
- Beginning January 15 meal kits will cover 7 days, which will include the weekends! Students learning in-person and eating meals at school will have the opportunity to order 2-day weekend kits.
Upcoming meal distribution dates:
- Friday, December 11th at 3-5 p.m. (5 breakfasts/5 lunches to cover 12/14-18)
- Friday, December 18th at 3-5 p.m. (7 breakfasts/7 lunches to cover 12/21-25 & 12/28-29)
- Wednesday, December 30th at 11-1 p.m. (7 breakfasts/7 lunches to cover 12/30-31, 1/1, 1/4-7)
- Friday, January 8th at 3-5 p.m. (6 breakfasts/6 lunches to cover 1/8, 1/11-15)
- Friday, January 15th at 3-5 p.m. (7 breakfasts/7 lunches to cover 1/16-1/22)
- Friday, January 22nd at 3-5 p.m. (7 breakfasts/7 lunches to cover 1/23-1/29)
- Friday, January 29th at 3-5 p.m. (7 breakfasts/7 lunches to cover 1/30-2/5)
Place your order here: https://forms.gle/aZpdqFUTEU3cJJvp6
Please contact the food service office at 616-493-8774 if you have any questions.