The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Kent County Health Department (KCHD) have recently updated their guidance regarding appropriate masks to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. As we have shared in prior communications, we rely on the guidance of the CDC and the KCHD to ensure we are following proper protocols related to COVID-19.
Effective immediately, the following masks/facial coverings are no longer allowed to be used by students, staff, and visitors:
- Neck gaiters
- Masks made of mesh
- Masks that contain a vent or exhalation valve
- Completely cover your nose and mouth
- Fit snugly against the sides of your face and not leave a gap
- Have two or more layers of breathable fabric
- Be washed regularly if they are reusable
Thank you for your continued support as we work hard for our students and as we partner with our families and community to keep everyone safe.