Dear Seniors and Families,
Well, hopefully the third time’s a charm! I am so disappointed that we are unable to hold our commencement ceremony at Fifth Third Ballpark. I cannot tell you how excited we were for the chance to celebrate with all of you together one last time.
We still want to celebrate! Being mindful of our current restrictions, we are grateful to have the chance to host a “drive thru” graduation ceremony on July 20, 2020 from 6:30 PM- 9 PM. I know this is not the ceremony that you had hoped for, but we really want to give you a chance to walk across a “stage”, in your gown, and receive your diploma. I hope this small moment helps you to feel some closure, and I hope it also gives you a chance to see how much love and admiration we have for each of you.
Here are the details:
- Decorate one car, come with your family, and enter campus at the allotted time.
- If possible, each senior should sit on the passenger side.
- Graduates, please wear a mask at all times
- Note: Families and friends are not able to get out of the car while the graduate is crossing the stage. I am sorry this is the course of action we need to follow.
- Please plan to attend during the assigned time (contact firstname.lastname@example.org if your assigned time does not work):
- Last name A-D: 6:30 PM – 7:00 PM
- Last name E-J: 7:00 PM – 7:30 PM
- Last name K-O: 7:30 PM – 8:00 PM
- Last name P-S: 8:00 PM – 8:30 PM
- Last name T-Z: 8:30 PM – 9:00 PM
- Once on campus (map of campus coming):
- First Station
- pick up your card with our name on it.
- Second Station (in front of the stadium entrance)
- Graduates get out of the car and hand the name card to Mr. Evans or Mrs. DeVeranne.
- They will read the names of the graduates over the speaker.
- Third Station
- Graduates should proceed to the stage area and walk across the stage and pick up the diploma cover from Mrs. Yielding, Mr. Sherman or Mrs Pallo.
- Fourth Station
- Photo station for Mr. Jim Hill to take a graduation photo.
- Fifth Station
- Walk to the counseling table to get your diploma!
- First Station
On Monday we will send out a video (thank you to Ms. Annie Pruski for putting this together!) that includes our amazing senior video (created by Cedric Steed, Katie Noom, and Luke Brenner) and student speeches by Jaeda Jonker and Conner Watson. It was our sincere hope for our students to see the video and hear speeches by Jaeda and Conner while sitting together as the Class of 2020. The video masterfully captures the spirit of this class and provides a beautiful tribute to our dear friend, Tim Hollern.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. Thank you, again, for your flexibility, support, and commitment to helping us find a way to celebrate this incredible class!!