Although Forest Hills Public Schools will end its food distribution program on Friday, June 23, due to a lack of federal funding for this program in our district, there are many options throughout Kent County to assist families in need. Here is just a small listing of organizations to assist with food insecurity:
- The Other Way Ministries
710 W Fulton St.
Open Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Tuesdays until 6 p.m.
- Church of the Servant
3835 Burton St. SE
By appointment only, contact Ellen at 616-901-5684
- Calvary Undenominational Church
707 E Beltline Ave NE
By appointment only, contact 616-956-9377
- Ada Bible Church
1640 East Paris Ave. SE
Every other Tuesday, 5 p.m.
- Mobile Pantries through Feeding America:
*All Mobile Pantries are providing drive-thru service at this time. All attendees should ensure there is space in the back of their vehicle for volunteers to load food.
- June 27, 10 a.m.: Flat River Outreach, 11535 E Fulton
- July 6 and August 3, 5 p.m. (registration at 4:30 p.m.): Cascade Fellowship Church, 6655 Cascade Rd. SE
- July 11, 10 a.m.: Camelot Woods Community Building, 2335 Rowland Ave SE
- July 17, 3:30 p.m.: Woodlawn Christian Reformed Church, 3190 Burton St. SE
- July 18, 1 p.m.: Sherman Street CRC, 1000 Sherman St. SE
- July 22, 5 p.m.: First Park Congregational U.C.C., 10 East Park Ave
- Additional locations, dates and times can be found on the Feeding America website https://www.feedwm.org/findfood/
- Children can read and eat for free through the Kent District Library: Kent District Library is partnering with Feeding America to present Meet Up and Eat Up, a summer food program at 12 KDL locations. Anyone 18 years old and younger can come enjoy a free lunch. Click here for locations and times and more information.
- Local search for food assistance based on an address: To check on the availability of meals near you, text FOOD to 877877. Type in your address and receive a list of places that are serving meals near your home.
For more assistance with basic needs, please contact your Forest Hills Public Schools Mental Health Liaison: