The health of our students, staff, and visitors is important to Forest Hills Public Schools (FHPS) and we continue to be proactive in addressing health-related issues. The district is working with the Kent Intermediate School District (KISD) along with state and county health officials to remain informed about the coronavirus (COVID-19). As of Feb. 28, 2020, there were no confirmed cases in West Michigan. The best prevention for viruses, such as influenza, the common cold, and the coronavirus is to:
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or upper sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, stay home and avoid contact with others.
The infection control and cleaning measures implemented throughout our district can be found on the Operations page of the district website. FHPS and KISD will continue to seek guidance from local and state health officials and communicate information as necessary to our families. Additional information can be found on both the Kent County and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services websites.