Dear Forest Hills Families: Although school is closed for several weeks, we are providing families with an opportunity to borrow a Chromebook device if one is not available in your home. Our intent is to make the device request and pick up process as simple as possible. The following are the locations and times for device pick up.
Central High School, Eastern Middle/High School, Northern High School
- Technology Distribution: Friday, March 20, 11 a.m.- 1 p.m. (The request form must be completed by noon, March 19 to obtain a device on March 20.)
- Technology Distribution: Tuesday, March 24, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. and 5-7 p.m. (The request form must be completed by noon, March 23, to obtain a device on March 24.)
Please Note: A request form, MUST be completed to obtain a device.
Just a reminder that this is a time to emphasize the seriousness of this situation with your children while also creating the space for kids to talk about their questions, fears, concerns, and ideas. Here are some resources for parents to help talk with your child about the COVID-19 outbreak:
- National Association of School Psychologists
- Talking to teens and tweens about coronavirus – NYTimes
- Talking to kids about the coronavirus – ChildMind
- Just for Kids: A comic exploring the new coronavirus – NPR
- PBS videos and resources
Expect to see more information from FHPS in the coming days, including a comprehensive FAQ page on our website. Thank you for your patience, understanding, and support.
With respect and appreciation,