There are many opportunities to support the arts in our schools during the last bit of September and into October. The following list represents shows, musicals, or performances by FHPS students.
- Forest Hills Central High School Improv Show, Sept. 28, 7:30 p.m., at the Forest Hills Fine Arts Center. The cost is $7 at the door; $6 if purchased ahead of time at FHC. Join us for a night of hilarity as our Improv Central team performs. Bring the entire family!
- Forest Hills Eastern Middle and High School Fall Choir Concert, Oct. 2, 7 p.m., at the Forest Hills Fine Arts Center. Admission is free.
- Meadowbrook Elementary School Celebrates Confucius Week, Beginning Oct. 7. K-4th-grade students will be making Chinese art to celebrate Confucius Week. Artwork from the projects will be displayed at Meadowbrook Elementary until the winter break.
- Eastern High School Fall Orchestra Concert, Oct. 16, 7 p.m., at the Forest Hills Fine Arts Center. Admission is free. The fall orchestra concert is held in collaboration with ESME, an eclectic duo featuring a violin and cello.
- Forest Hills Central High School Bandtasia, Oct. 29, 7 p.m., at the Forest Hills Fine Arts Center. Admission is $5 per person. This year’s theme is Ranger Rock with performances by the marching band, jazz band, and drum line. There will be an instrument “petting zoo” before the concert and students can get their picture taken with FHC’s drum majors. Tickets are available at the FAC box office, online with fhcbands.com, and at Jam’N Bean Coffee House in Ada and Cascade.
- Forest Hills Northern’s Music Department Presents its Annual Fall Concert, Oct. 30, 7 p.m., in the FHN auditorium. This has been a fun, seasonal concert that audiences have enjoyed for the last 14 years. Featuring the Northern Singers, Symphony Orchestra, and Wind Ensemble, students (as well as their directors) don costumes to play frightening and exciting music of the season. Audience members are encouraged to dress up as well, and the concert concludes with the groups combining to play the FHN Fight Song with young guest conductors chosen from the costumed audience. The concert is FREE. There are refreshments immediately following in the FHN Commons.
- Knapp Forest Elementary School 1st Grade “Musical Spooktacular” Concert, Oct. 30, 7 p.m., in the Knapp Forest gymnasium. Admission is free. This is a choir concert presented by the Knapp Forest first-grade classes featuring silly spooky songs.