October 2018 Student Fine Arts Calendar
The following is a list of students’ fine arts events happening throughout the district this month.
Come out and support the arts programs in our schools.
- FHE Fall Choir Concert – October 3, 7 p.m., Forest Hills Fine Arts Center
- Orchard View Market Place – October 13, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Orchard View
Orchard View Elementary will be hosting the 3rd Annual Arts & Crafts Fall Marketplace. Orchard View fourth- and sixth-grade students will be selling hand-printed cards and distressed metal leaf art. Admission is FREE!
- FHN Fall Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble Concert – October 15, 7 p.m., FHN Auditorium
- FHC presents “BANDTASIA” – October 16, 7 p.m., Forest Hills Fine Arts Center
Bandtasia is a one-night event that you and your family will not want to miss. Enjoy performances by the FHC Jazz Ensemble, Ranger Marching Band and Drumline as they perform the music of the band Chicago. Before and after the performance there will be activities for younger audience members, including an instrument petting zoo! Admission: $5 per person.
- FHE Orchestra Fall Concert – October 16, 7 p.m., FHE Auditorium
- 8th Grade String Extravaganza – October 24, 7 p.m., Forest Hills Fine Arts Center
Central, Eastern, and Northern eighth-grade orchestras will perform.
- 7th Grade String Extravaganza – October 25, 7 p.m., Forest Hills Fine Arts Center
Central, Eastern, and Northern seventh-grade orchestras will perform.
- FHN Symphony Orchestra and Wind Ensemble Halloween Concert – October 29, 7 p.m., FHN Auditorium
The Forest Hills Northern High School music department’s Halloween concert has been a fun, seasonal concert that audiences have enjoyed for the last 13 years. We encourage all families to attend this fun, free concert, Monday, Oct. 29 at the FHN Auditorium. The concert features the Northern singers, symphony orchestra, and wind ensemble. Students and their music directors will don Halloween costumes to play frightening and exciting music of the season. Audience members are also encouraged to dress up in costumes, and the concert concludes with the groups combining to play the FHN fight song with young “guest conductors” chosen from the costumed audience. Refreshments will be served immediately following in the FHN Commons.
- Thornapple Elementary 4th Grade Concert – October 30, 7 p.m., Forest Hills Fine Art Center
Their show is called, “Possibilities: A Musical Celebration of Life.” Fourth graders from Thornapple Elementary will sing, dance, and entertain while reminding all present of the value of dreaming big and saying, “Yes” to opportunity when it comes knocking at your door.