- Bus #3 – Central Woodlands, Central Middle, Central High
- Bus #6 – Northern Trails, Northern Hills Middle, Northern High
- Bus #8 – Pine Ridge Elementary, Central Middle, Central High
- Bus #11 – Knapp Forest Elementary, Eastern Middle, Eastern High
- Bus #13 – Pine Ridge, Northern Hills Middle, Northern High
- Bus #23 – Meadow Brook Elementary, Eastern Middle, Eastern High
- Bus #89 – Thornapple Elementary, Central Middle, Central High
- Bus #91 – Ada Elementary, Eastern Middle, Eastern High
Forest Hills Public Schools had 18 teams advance from the regional competition of Odyssey of the Mind to the state finals last weekend. Of these FHPS teams, six OM teams, representing 40 FHPS students, scored high enough to advance to the World Finals in May. All of our elementary schools and 5/6 schools had numerous teams participating in OM this year at the regional level of competition, and some middle school and high schools were represented as well. According to Martha Atwater, FHPS board of education member and long-time OM coach, “Even at the regional competition, I saw so many wonderful displays of creative talent and witnessed great sportsmanship. Every participant should take great pride in their accomplishments.”
Odyssey of the Mind is an international educational program that provides creative problem-solving opportunities for students from kindergarten through college. Team members apply their creativity to solve problems that range from building mechanical devices to presenting their own interpretation of literary classics. There are five problems of which teams can select from and another problem exclusively for students in grades kindergarten through second. A brief synopsis of this year’s challenges or problems is detailed online.
Congratulations to the following teams, students, and coaches who will participate at the World Finals at Iowa State University.