AP EXAM late fee registration deadline Thursday, April 17th @ 2pm
The last day current AP students may register and pay to take a 2014 AP exam is Thursday, April 17, at 2:00 pm. In addition to the exam fee of $89, a late fee of $55 per exam is also charged. Please have your student see the Guidance Office secretary immediately for a late registration form. The form and the fees must be returned to the Guidance Office by 2:00 pm on Thursday, April 17, 2014. If you have questions, please call Judy Walton at 493-8578.
National Honor Society - First Annual College Night
“The National Honor Society will be sponsoring their first annual College Night on Wednesday, April 16 from 7 to 9 PM. This informational meeting will include a panel discussion by current seniors who will be attending a variety of different colleges. There will also be several “breakout sessions” covering topics such as admissions, scholarships/financial aid, essay writing, the Common Application, athletics, art supplements, and a panel exclusively for parents attending the event. Parents and students from all grade levels are welcome to attend! The meeting will begin in the FHN media center.”
ONE DAY ACT PREP AT DAVENPORT
One Day ACT Prep at Davenport University
Davenport University invites you to taker advantage of the ACT Test Prep session at our W.A. Lettinga campus being held on May 10, 2014. The cost includes a five -hour class, textbook and lunch. Please RSVPat: davenport.edu/actprep Questions? Call 616 554-5391 ask for Emily Huizen or email her at email@example.com.
FAC 10 Year Anniversary Celebration
The Forest Hills Fine Arts Center opened in April 2004 with the goal of providing quality entertainment for all of West Michigan, while also supporting all of the Forest Hills Public Schools’ needs in the performing and visual arts. In the past ten years there have been over 60 professional touring acts, over 65 local visual exhibits, and thousands of school and community events.
To celebrate this milestone we are bringing together both local favorite Mid-Life Crisis and over 70 incredible students from Forest Hills Central, Forest Hills Northern, and Forest Hills Eastern to celebrate ten years of the arts! Our 10thAnniversary Celebration will be held on Saturday, April 19, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. at the Forest Hills Fine Arts Center.
All seats are $10 and are reserved seating. You can purchase tickets in person only at the FAC box office at 600 Forest Hill Ave. SE. We are open Monday –Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (closed 1-2pm), at any Ticketmaster outlet, by calling 1-800-745-3000, or at www.ticketmaster.com
It’s a completely original show:
- This show will have something for everyone and it’s priced right — $10/reserved seating.
- Over 70 students from all three high schools in many different disciplines of the arts will be featured.
- Dancers, singers, and musicians from Forest Hills Central, Forest Hills, Eastern, and Forest Hills Northern will all take the stage throughout the evening, with a finale that is sure to please everyone!
- Mid-Life Crisis has created a set-list based on songs that have been performed at the FHFAC by past guests of the professional series, plus a few of their own.
- Superintendent, Dan Behm and FHPS Board President, Doug Josephson will be welcoming all of the guests, along with John Gonzalez, and other local personalities emceeing.
- The Community on Canvas Project will be unveiled — a first-time project in our community that highlights the work of community leaders, along with local artists…very cool to see. Get a chance to see works by Dr. James Fahner, FHPS Board of Education and Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital, who worked with Stephen Duren to create his piece of art. Superintendent, Dan Behm also has a piece he worked on with local artist Cynthia Hagedorn…and several others.
- There will be artwork throughout the building by FHPS students in grades K-12.
- Integrated Architecture is sending everyone off with a cake/coffee reception afterwards. Schuil coffee is providing the coffee.
- Did we mention it’s only $10?
Tickets: $10/reserved seating, can be purchased in person at the Forest Hills Fine Arts Center box office at 600 Forest Hill Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI, by calling 1-800-745-3000 or at www.ticketmaster.com THEY ARE ON SALE NOW!
This show is generously sponsored by the Daniel and Pamella DeVos Foundation.
The FHFAC’s Exhibits and AIR Program are generously sponsored by Centennial Securities Company, Inc. Additional Support: D&W Fresh Market, Daylily Gift & Floral, Falcon Printing, and Schuil Coffee.
Meggan George, Manager
Forest Hills Public Schools
6590 Cascade Road SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Northern High News - Volunteer Opportunity
DECA News - FHN Student Advances to State
Please congratulate Ryan Vanzalen. He made it passed the interview process for DECA State Officer. He will be on the ballot at the state conference. He will have to interact with DECA members across the state at a campaign booth and deliver a speech at the opening session.
FHN Mock Trial Wins Big at the Western Region Tournament
FHN Mock Trial A advances to State after winning the Western Region Tournament helped by a power move from our newest group Mock Trial B
Team A won the region and is headed to the State Tournament. It got a big boost when Team B laid a big hit on the reigning state champs during the third round taking one of their ballots
If you see any of these students, please congratulate them on a job well done.
Team A -Back row (L to R): Connor Dipzinski, Andrew Dunn, Alex Brown, Praneet Gogireddy, Kevin Hinkle, and Maninder Singh; Front row (L to R): Sai Bolla, Sivanthy Vasanthan, Cassandra Fields, me, and Catalina Saenz.