It’s starting to look a lot like winter out there! When school is cancelled due to inclement weather, the meal that was scheduled to be served on the inclement weather day will be served on the return day of school. Example: Tuesday is an inclement weather day. Tuesday’s menu will be served on Wednesday, the return day.
Welcome to the Food Service Department!
The Forest Hills Food Service Department is dedicated to serving nutritious and healthy food every day to over 10,000 customers. Approximately 56 percent of the products we purchase are locally grown and/or produced. Last year, Forest Hills Public Schools prepared, served, and sold a total of 825,000 meals. In addition to the traditional way of paying for your student’s lunch with cash or check, Forest Hills Public Schools offers another alternative through Meal Magic where you can create an online student account and manage your child’s lunch account from any Web browser.
- Lunch Account Information / Prices / Financial Assistance
- Menus / Nutrition
- Catering – Coming Soon!
- Contact Us / Map
- Simply Good / Newsletters / Activity Sheets
- Local Wellness Policy
Food Service Department News
There have been may requests lately for us to substitute juice for milk. Below you will see 3 files that explain the rules in regards to milk substitutions. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
- Stone fruits are a good source of Vitamin C, an important antioxidant that helps heal cuts and wounds and assists in keeping teeth and gums healthy.
- Stone fruits have a single seed in the center of the fleshy fruit that looks like a stone. They are one of summer’s seasonal fruits that include cherries, peaches, plums, and apricots.
- Stone fruits like peaches can be added as a topping to cereal or oatmeal, in fruit salad, in sauces and salsas, or blended into smoothies. Baking and grilling stone fruits is easy and is delicious served with yogurt!
- Plums are not just purple; they come in red, yellow and blue too. There are over 700 varieties of peaches-some Chinese varieties are even flat like hockey pucks.
Forest Hills Schools has teamed up with Chartwells to provide nutritious meals. Visit www.eatlearnlive.com for nutritional and other informative information. You can also sign up to receive free e-newsletters to be sent directly to your e-mail address.