If you are in need of a free meal during the summer months when school is out of session check out this website, meals are provided to people 18 years of age or younger, free of charge all you have to do is show up! Check this website for a location near you: www.michigan.gov/sfsp
Welcome to the Food Service Department!
The Forest Hills Food Service Department is dedicated to serving nutritious and healthy food every day to over 10,000 customers. Approximately 56 percent of the products we purchase are locally grown and/or produced. Last year, Forest Hills Public Schools prepared, served, and sold a total of 825,000 meals. In addition to the traditional way of paying for your student’s lunch with cash or check, Forest Hills Public Schools offers another alternative through Meal Magic where you can create an online student account and manage your child’s lunch account from any Web browser.
- Lunch Account Information / Prices / Financial Assistance
- Menus / Nutrition
- Contact Us / Map
- Simply Good / Newsletters / Activity Sheets
Food Service Department News
- Stone fruits are a good source of Vitamin C, an important antioxidant that helps heal cuts and wounds and assists in keeping teeth and gums healthy.
- Stone fruits have a single seed in the center of the fleshy fruit that looks like a stone. They are one of summer’s seasonal fruits that include cherries, peaches, plums, and apricots.
- Stone fruits like peaches can be added as a topping to cereal or oatmeal, in fruit salad, in sauces and salsas, or blended into smoothies. Baking and grilling stone fruits is easy and is delicious served with yogurt!
- Plums are not just purple; they come in red, yellow and blue too. There are over 700 varieties of peaches-some Chinese varieties are even flat like hockey pucks.
Forest Hills Schools has teamed up with Chartwells to provide nutritious meals. Visit www.eatlearnlive.com for nutritional and other informative information. You can also sign up to receive free e-newsletters to be sent directly to your e-mail address.